Mural by YurikoArt
The mission of the Charles H. Kim Education Fund is to offer material and financial support to the students of Charles H. Kim Elementary School in Los Angeles, California. The need for this support is great, given the budgetary cutbacks within the Los Angeles Unified School District, and the particular demographics of the student body, with over 75% of students falling under Title I, or low-income, designation.
Besides instructional material, the goal of the CHKEF is to provide enrichment activities to enhance students’ overall learning experience, and ensure that the school is up-to-date in its technological capabilities.
In 2013 BBCN Bank donated funds to provide for a brand-new computer lab. We have also been fortunate to receive generous donations from CBB Bank, the Hollywood-Wilshire YMCA, Wilshire Center Koreatown Neighborhood Council, YNOT Foundation, Kim Yong Hwan Foundation, HSBC, Home Depot Foundation, Korean Needy Children Supporters Association of Southern California, Nongshim America Inc, Oriental Mission Church, Everest Trading Corp, and many parents and friends of Charles H. Kim Elementary.
Charles H. Kim Education Fund Board of Directors
- Daisy Kim, President, Granddaughter of Charles H. Kim
- Yonah Hong, Vice President, Community Activist
- Shung Kim, Secretary, CEO, Vision Quest Optometry, Inc.
- Richard M. Macias, Treasurer, Attorney at Law
- William P. Min, Director, Attorney at Law
- Grace Jun, Director, Real Estate Marketing & Management Professional
- Paul Choi, Director, Marketing Professional